Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Big Bad and Red


Anyone who knows me knows that I have a healthy obsession with all characters fairy tale. My favorite of the bunch is Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.
Ever since I started working at Caricature Connection I have been dabbling with water color. Before this gig hit almost 5 years ago now I wouldn't dare pick up a brush. I was absolutely intimidated and turned off by the medium. But I have to work with it everyday. And the funniest thing is, I started to enjoy it. I want to continue to explore the medium more, and this was my first attempt. I did a basic sketch and then just started it straight with watercolor. It wasn't until the very end that I added some small blocks of ink. Overall it came out pretty close to my idea of the finished project.

2 comments:

locoduckfan said...

Awesome work Mike! You put the BIG and BAD into that wolf.

Anonymous said...

Your talent has no boundaries, my dear. Keep up the great work!