Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lost : The End

Sunday was the series finale for ABC's LOST. I came into the show about two years ago, getting to watch the first four seasons on DVD. I really don't think I could have made it had I watched year to year. 
It was one helluva show. mixing human emotion with sci-fi and fantasy. Over the years however, it created a lot of questions. Questions like everyone else, I wanted to see answered. 
Unfortunately, the series finale didn't deliver on a lot of those. But what it did deliver was a two and a half hour roller coaster ride of emotions and tears for many. (Myself included)
I was oddly satisfied by the end. I think it was because I applied it to my life as well. It took on some sharp comparisons to what I am currently going through. After it was over, I felt the need to sleep on it, and the next morning while taking the longest shower of my life, I found myself sinking into the message at the end. To let go and move forward. 
This year has been an awakening for myself as well. I have learned to let go of many things that had created hurt, fear, anger and my own private smoke monster. I feel now like I am at that church in the finale, ready to let go, to move forward. 

No comments: