Friday, May 21, 2010

A Boy and His Wookie

Believe it or not, this has been in the works for over 10 years. I got a bug sometime back to do a Star Wars fan art comic strip. The idea behind it posing the question, "What if all the characters from Star
Wars went to school together as kids?" 
I conjured up a few images, and had a few ideas, but it never came to fruition.
The idea however, has always been in the back of my mind.
After having completed work on several Topps Star Wars sets (a dream come true in itself,) I garnered a lot more experience with the characters and their universe. I have also grown as an artist, and a writer since then, and I decided now, that with all the excitement surrounding the anniversary of Empire Strikes Back, and Celebration V, it was as good a time as any to revisit the idea.
So, armed with close to three months of material already, and on this the 30th anniversary of my favorite Star Wars movie "The Empire Strikes Back," I announce "A Boy and His Wookie"
Above is the teaser image, and next week I'll divulge many of the character designs and a little more background. The plan is to begin running the strip on Memorial Day.
It will run Monday through Friday the first week, and then Tuesdays and Thursdays from that point forward.
A Boy and His Wookie, is a fan strip and no way endorsed, associated or authorized by Lucasfilm Ltd.

No comments: