Sunday, May 24, 2020

Under Construction





I honestly thought about waiting to post something until June 2. I figured this way I could say I made it another whole year without posting on this blog. Even though I said I was going to make more of an effort.

Truth is, between social media and laziness, I never had the desire to. 

Is there really any point to a website anymore anyway? I can post updates on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, snapchat, linked in, linked out, inside, outside, up and down. 

But you just don’t get the full Monty on those social media utopias. And here? Well, you came here for a reason. And maybe you’re willing to spend a little extra time reading. 

And then there’s that whole pesky Coronavirus.....thing. 

Life has taken quite a tumble for EVERYONE in the last couple of months. I found myself with so much extra time, I figured, why not do something productive.

After the first two weeks of growing facial hair, sitting around in my underwear, binging on Netflix, PS4 and my Nintendo switch, it was time to put down the little debbies and get to being effective.

I made myself a 20 something list of things I wanted to accomplish. 

I’ve caught up on commissions, cleaned out the garage, finished 120 Marvel cards for an upcoming set, rearranged my studio, took my vitamins, said my prayers and started training. I’ve become Hulk Hogan lite.

And of course I wanted to update my site. 

I’m nowhere near done. But I cleaned out a bunch of the older artwork I’d been hoarding. Stuff that I thought was pretty great in its own specific time, but now reminded me of primitive cave art, has all been kicked to the digital curb. 

That being said, if you fart around enough with the links, you’re bound to run into this pink haired (and also redesigned) beauty. But I promise you, I am working on it!

The lockdown/quarantine has at the very least gifted me with time. Time to create, time to de-clutter, and time to catch up. 

I’ll make another quasi empty promise to continue the updates here. Because sometimes I feel like writing more than just 140 characters. Even if no one reads them.

See you guys soon! 

1 comment:

Locoduckfan3 said...

It was 8 years to the day between blog posts for me, so you're not doing so bad. I wasn't even aware you had resurrected this blog until today. Now that I do, I'll definitely be checking it out regularly. Keep plugging along!